Telephone Security with Fraud Monitor from Tetcom
Protect your lines and avoid becoming a victim of organised crime - call 0844 567 7667.
Toll Fraud (also called call phreaking or dial through fraud) is becoming increasingly common in the UK. Toll Fraud occurs when someone dials into your phone system and then uses your telephone lines to route phone calls, often to international destinations at your expense. This goes completely undetected and the only time you will know about it is when you receive your next telephone bill.
Did you know?
- Call Phreaking costs over £100 billion per year in the UK alone, with 40% of UK companies victimized.
- Toll fraud is worth more than 4 times as much as credit card fraud!
- Scotland Yard's telephone system has been hacked which cost them £1m over an 18 month period.
- The US Department of Homeland Security also incurred a bill of $12,000 for fraudulent calls.
- The Department of Social Welfare in Ireland lost €300,000 in a single weekend in 2002.
"Phreakers" can hack telephone systems and voicemail passwords/pins in a few seconds to gain access to your extensions and reroute their illegal calls through your phone system.
Once phreakers have access to your telephone system, they can make calls to anywhere in the world, usually completely undetected. You won't know about it until your next phone bill!
Fraud Monitor lets us know of any suspicious activity on your lines the same day and can prevent a nasty surprise. It makes sense to protect your business and potentially save yourself thousands of pounds if a hack occurs.
Did you know that you are liable for the total costs of any calls made through your phone system if it is hacked? Even if the case is referred to your current supplier or BT the cost of the calls will still have to be settled by you as the calls have originated from your lines.
To prevent this happening to your business and to protect your phone system call Tetcom now on 0844 567 7667.